Monday, March 29, 2010




Pssst…..Hey EWE! – AYOTTE


Yes you! Now that I’ve caught your attention I really want to talk to you. By chance do you enjoy doing Crosswords and other types of puzzles? If so, this is the article for you.

Ever since I can remember, I have been a puzzle solver. I love the mental challenge of trying to figure things out. It is unbelievable how mentally stimulating and life enriching these puzzles can be. There is a wealth of knowledge at our fingertips just ready to be tapped into on a daily basis in most local newspapers.

Now why did I choose the word EWE in my title to get your attention? Most of you probably know that EWE is another word for female sheep. Over and over again this word comes up in Crossword Puzzles. Every time I see it when solving a puzzle, it reminds me of Jesus Christ and how He is described as the gentle Lamb. If we are to emulate Christ and follow in His footsteps we, too, must be like gentle lambs in our dealings with people.

As we all know, it is not always easy to be gentle and kind. Many times in life, our patience is tested as we become frustrated with the people around us. In some instances, people may be unaware of this fact but on other occasions we may only be fooling ourselves into thinking that they don’t take notice of exactly how we feel. The tone of our voice and our body language can quickly give away our true feelings despite what our words may say.

I find as I do my daily Crossword Puzzle that God works in mysterious ways. I hear God’s Word in many ways as I solve these puzzles. I can do an examination of conscience and ask myself if I have had any cross…words with any one in my life. God can prompt me many times throughout these puzzles if I am open to His cues/clues. He reminds me to be like the Lamb and follow in His footsteps when I come across the word EWE.

Other times, one of the clues will ask for the letters found on the cross. Yes…INRI. There again, I am reminded that the Lamb died on the cross for the salvation of humankind. This inscription reinforces that fact that I have sinned and Jesus’ forgiveness was so great that He chose to die on the cross to save my soul. He is the Teacher and I am the student. Often times, I need to be reminded to be ready to forgive at all times because my transgressions have so generously been forgiven. It is truly amazing to see the many creative ways that God can reach out to people. God has a way of utilizing all his followers and reminding them of their mission in life. We only need to be open to hearing the message! I much prefer Crosswords to cross…words, if EWE know what I mean.

Author of I'm Not Perfect And It's Okay
website-http://www.doloresayotte.com
blog-http://doloresayotte.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Peter Black said...

Dolores,
A very interesting piece, giving not only an inside look at your interest in solving puzzles, but also revealing more of your humorous and playful personality and devotional heart.
An' it's all good!

Dolores Ayotte said...

Thanks Peter...I think you've got me pegged, and I don't mean Winnipegged! Have a blessed Holy Week and Easter. :)

Popular Posts