Friday, October 22, 2010

Stepping Out in Faith - Boge


Hi All!

Last month I indicated that I was starting out on an adventure to host a film festival at our church. I asked God for a boatload of wisdom and the right people to help in this undertaking. In just one short month we have an incredible team that is gung-ho on marketing the festival and a team of 12 dedicated prayer warriors on our prayer team. And we have an incredible start to our festival entries with really great films already submitted.

These are things I did not know would happen before I started. It was new and all I had at that time was a still small voice from God saying “this is the way walk in it.” I heard it the first time at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and while there is an incredible amount of work ahead of us, we are off to a great start.

Why do I mention this? One of my favourite lines from the band Petra is “Waters never part until our feet get wet.” Maybe there is something God is calling you to do and you’re wondering what will happen and you’re unsure of what to do.

My Uncle’s high school year book quote was “the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” I challenge you to take that first step. Maybe it’s a business. Maybe it’s a film festival. Maybe it’s calling up a friend you haven’t talked to in a while.

There is a certain peace that we only find when we are in the unknown with God.
I’ll keep you posted. And if you’re so inclined and lead, please pray for the Winnipeg Real to Reel Film Festival to impact our community.

Blessings to you all,

Paul

3 comments:

Eleanor Shepherd said...

Dear Paul,
This sounds great and you can't lose with that kind of prayer support. I think that exciting things are ahead. I believe that God is going to do amazing things through this project.
Blessings,
Eleanor

Peter Black said...

Amen, and Amen to Eleanor's encouragement, Paul!
And thank you for the challenge you present to us.
Bringing this project before us from time to time will help us keep in mind to pray for you and your team.

Sharon E. Espeseth said...

I appreciated the quotes in your blog, which so clearly apply to me as I am learning to blog, and that is a whole new piano lesson.

Thanks for the reminders:
This is the way. Walk in it.
Waters never part until our feet get wet.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with on step.

Blessings, I pray, on your work and your film festival.
Sharon Espeseth

Popular Posts