Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tyranny of the Urgent - Belec

"I just don't have enough hours in a day!"

Thus the familiar woeful moan echoes in my mind once again. So much to do. So little time.
Sometimes I look at my fellow prolific writers and I wonder how they do it. I try not to, but when I read and hear about their list of accomplishments, envy rears its ugly head. The pity party commences.

Thank goodness, though, God keeps a close thumb on me and He reminds me often how blessed I really am. Today, as I sit waiting (what a waste of time) I notice the brilliant sun shining through the clinic skylights, lighting up the room. Then I think about the Son who lights up my heart. The envy slips away and I begin to count blessings:

1.  I am upright, breathing and my hair has grown back.
2.  I am a wife, a mom, a grandmom, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin and my family still loves me.
3.  God forgave me because I said sorry [and He promises to do it again if needs be]
4.  I teach and I love it.
5.  I write and I love it.
6.  I get paid to teach and to write as a profession and I get to do it out of my own home. And my hours  
     are flexible.
7.  My friends love me - warts and all
8.  I get to attend five book signings in May just because I had a short story published in a Second Cup of
     Hot Apple Cider
9.  98 people wished me Happy Birthday on Facebook. 2 wished me a Belated Happy Birthday (on
     Facebook)
10.  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour  (How much more blessed can I be?)

Psalm 90:12-17 
Oh, teach us to live well Teach us to live wisely and well! Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we´ll skip and dance all the day long. And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh yes, Affirm the work that we do! AMEN

1 comment:

Peter Black said...

Glynis, this post gives me another "touche" experience (as did Marian's post below yours) on a number of levels. The tendency to bemoan my lack of progress and then count my blessings, and regain perspective being one level. The tendency to live by the "tyranny of the urgent" is another. Through it all we move forward with God and are blessed.
Thank you.

Popular Posts