Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I WRITE through Christ who strengthens me - SUSAN HARRIS


May our love for people and hope in God's Word  flow through our own words. May we use our time wisely and productively. May each keep in mind the focus of what we're called to write - that we are not in competition because we are each called with  a unique and specific mandate. As Paul describes in Philippians 4:13, I write all things through Christ who strengthens me (writing being one of the things we do). He gives me inspiration.  He helps me carve out time, set my priorities, and steers me from distractions towards self -discipline. He leads me in the paths of favour with readers and publishers.

I write with the talents He has given me, and in so doing, I glorify Him, but my lips also declare publicly that I am successful because of grace. Grace, undeserved yet freely offered to all, given to anyone who accepts. Like an open book the Lord supervised my conception and watched me grow to birth, after that all the stages of my life were spread out before Him. Similarly, He watches us create our books, from inspiration to publication He guides our literal works. All the preparation, chapters, people and stages are spread out before Him, timetabled before we even had the desire to write. He knew our beginning before it began, and He knows the ending. An ending that He has designed, and we know that He only unfolds that which is good and perfect.

So we rest our works into Your mighty hands that span this earth, Lord, our manuscripts and keyboards, pens and jot pads, the final publications that goes abroad this universe that Your hands span. And believe that as we have created and written, planted and watered, You will give increase (1 Corinthians 3:6-7).

SUSAN HARRIS www.susanharris.ca is the author of six books and 1-Minute prayer https://www.facebook.com/events/626476904145737/

7 comments:

Peter Black said...

Susan, thanks for sharing your fine, Scripture-based affirmation of your call to write, and for including us all in your concluding prayer. Thanks also for sharing your incremental prayer plan and chart.
This post provides me more insight into your success in life and writing, and is a reminder of how easily distracted I am.~~+~~

Susan Harris said...

I meant it as a scripture based affirmation for all of us who write, Peter, not just myself. As for distractions, I have to apply the brakes on socializing etc else I would not get anything done. Will power sure is divine. Thanks for your kind words.

Peter Black said...

Yes, Susan I did catch your inclusiveness when I began reading, as your "May our love for people" and "May we use our time wisely" make plain.

Once I got into reading your personal aspect, well, my oh so strong tendency to shift focus got in the way! :) ~~+~~

Susan Harris said...

Artful example of easy distraction :-). Made me smile.

Glynis said...

A good reminder to allow the Holy Spirit to flow through us in our craft rather than us desiring to 'fit' God into our work. Well done, Susan. (and I see you are managing to post the images very well these days!)

Susan Harris said...

Like the 'flow" vs "fit" observation, Glynis. Interestingly, since the new makeover of the blog page with the TWG cover photo, I've been able to upload photos. I attempt to upload photos with each blog and that's when I discovered it coincided with the makeover. Something must have been updated inadvertently in the process. Before, I was using colour blocks of words as photo substitutes.

fudge4ever said...

"Similarly, He watches us create our books, from inspiration to publication He guides our literal works." Well said, Susan!
Pam Mytroen

Popular Posts